See my earlier post for examples.  A  white background would not work
too well with most "subjects"  A lot of the species found along our
coast (South Carolina) are rather light in color.  You have to get to
more tropical waters to get more darker and vivid colors.

On 12/11/06, Markus Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Me too, I would love to see some photos.
> Have you also tried to put the shells on a white handkerchief or fabric and
> then on a glass plate and give some additional lightening from the
> bottom/back of the glass? I had some nice effects with clay figures with
> that and 2 additional flashes softened with baking paper .
>
> greetings
> Markus

Perry Pellechia

Primary email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]