>> On 14/12/06, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Very enthusiastic user report:
>>> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/pentax-10D.shtml
>>
>> It's an interesting report, the bottom line of which MR hopes that
>> some of Pentax's technical innovations will spur on Canon et al to
>> build better cameras ;-)
>
> Indeed: "As a Canon user I can only wish that the folks at Canon's
> marketing and engineering department have a close look at some of the
> more innovative features offered by Pentax in this new model. With DNG,
> post exposure JPG processing, and auto-ISO with limit setting, Pentax
> now offers one of the most innovative feature sets to be found on any
> DSLR. It looks like the big boys are going to have to start playing
> catch-up."

        I really find it curious that very few people even know that a
Pentax DSLR exists.  A friend of mine here at 'Tech was looking to get a
DSLR the other day when he came by to ask me about camera stuff.  He was
planning on a Cannikon since he knew of a fried or two who had one.
While *trying* to be impartial and not discourage any particular brand,
the SR, cost, backwards lens compatibility, and AA-batteries sold him on a
K100D over all others.

        His order came in yesterday and I played with it a bit.  I'm gonna
have to get me one of them thar SR Pentax's... :)

        I hope that with the K100D and the K10D and all of it's fairly
innovative features, they'll get a bit more press and customers.  Now if
only I could get my logarithmic RGB histogram and aperture coupler... :)

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *