On Dec 14, 2006, at 5:46 AM, Perry Pellechia wrote:

> Thanks for the test but I think your process is a little flawed when
> it came to Silkypix.   You had a pre-disposition towards SP and your
> final conclusion remained the same.  I do not expect you to take a
> week to learn the program to make a valid comparison.  However, you
> could pass these RAW files to someone who actually knows how to use
> the program and have them ship back to you PSD files or another format
> that you can print to make a correct comparison.

Perry,

I disagree.

I went into trying to use Silkypix with as objective an attitude as
possible. I was testing for usability and quality *for my purposes*.
I process several hundred photos a week and need quality,
learnability, usability and productivity. Passing the RAW files to
someone else to process teaches me nothing and is not a valid test
method for this purpose.

Others whose opinions I respect and who produce photographs I admire
have found Silkypix does a good job for them and have shown results
that look good. More power to them! But it's not enough of a
motivation for me to suffer through working with intractable software
given that I'm getting quality that satisfies me with tools I find
useful to work with.

I'm offering my opinions based on what works for my use. That is what
I have to consider as important.  :-)

Godfrey