On 15/12/06, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, I'm here. Must have hit the send button. Don't remember what I
> was trying to say. But I'm definitely interested in the diffraction
> limit. However, I generally try to avoid shooting at an ap smaller
> than f11 to be on the same side. Of course there are situations that
> require a smaller stop. But I figure if I have to have that small a
> stop, I'm not going to worry about diffraction.

I get confirmation off list from an owner of a D200, D2X, and K10D  as follows:

"most of my good lenses are at their best at about f8-f11 and f13
doesn't lose too much from diffraction for improved DOF"

Interesting, my old Oly E10 only stopped down to f11 and was best at
about f8 due to its small photosites. IOW there is a penalty other
than noise and reduced latitude when it comes to increasing sensor
density.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA