On Dec 15, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Cory Papenfuss wrote:

> ... I think that a large fraction of people who buy DSLRs never
> buy another lens.  ...

I think this has always been the case. I know quite a few people who
have been taking pictures with SLRs since the 1970s and never bought
anything but the normal lens, or standard zoom when that became the
vogue.

Are they missing out on something? I dunno. Some of them take superb
photographs. What is important, lots of lenses or lots of good
photographs?

As time goes on, I find myself using fewer and fewer lenses again. I
was pretty happy with just the three lenses I carried to the UK this
year, have a very high percentage of keepers with just the DA21, FA35
and FA77. And more than half of what I took were taken with the DA21...