On Dec 16, 2006, at 6:15 AM, Jan van Wijk wrote:

> Good question, I have the P4000 too, and the K10 since a week or so.
> Had not tried it yet, so did a quick test now ...
>
>  - RAW DNG: Not recognized/displayed
>  - RAW PEF: Displays fine (extracts the embedded JPG)
>  - JPG: Displays fine :-)
>
> Of course the DNG files are stored fine, you just can't review
> them ...
>
> Note that with JPG you can zoom in upto full resolution,
> with the PEF, that is NOT possible (640x480 limit)!

thanks Jan! I haven't had a chance to test with the Epson P2000 yet,
but I figured this might be the case.

> Could be a good reason to save RAW+JPG :-)

Occasionally, yes. Just set the JPEG parameters for a minimum size,
maximum compression file to save needless wasted space on the Px000.
That's what I do with the Sony R1 too.

> Note:
> At Photokina they showed the P5000 that has DNG support.
> I asked if there would be a firmware update for the P4000
> to allow that too, and the answer was 'unlikely' :-(

Hmm. Didn't see that announcement. That would be great!

best,