Oh, great - maybe you cast iron guys can help me with my question. I
have a recipe where I need to sear an eye of round on all sides (let's
say 2 minutes a side so 12 minutes total). Usually I put the pan on
high heat, and end up with an outside that's a nice rich brown colour.
However, there's a bunch of smoke from the melted fat and at the end,
there's blackened stuff on the bottom of the pan to scour away. Then
there's a couple of days where nothing wants to slide off anymore.

Is that normal for searing large chunks? Am I putting it up too hot?
Should I drain off the fat partway through cooking? Which camera
should I take photos of the result with? (trying to keep this on
topic)