My wife can be quite scientific about things. Each time one of her
friends has got married, she has staged a session at some sports
arena, where the bride to be has thrown a frying pan as far as she
could. The distance measured was written down on a "Safe Range"
certificate, and delivered to the groom at the reception *after* the
wedding.

>From her experience, most women prefer light pans with long range over
cast iron stuff.

:-)