From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Bob W
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:29 AM
To: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Subject: RE: Please everyone set up an email filter

Well, 'they' in this instance includes me. I have a 14" analogue set. No
cable, no satellite, not even an aerial, and the picture is rubbish. I
don't care. I've got better things to do with my time and money. You can
believe that or not, but it is a fact, not an opinion and your disbelief
is no cause to keep banging on about it.

And now you have heard of people who don't care whether their TV picture
sucks or is good, so lets just get over it and get on with the rest of
our lives, shall we?

--
 Bob

this
> > > stuff in a photo forum inhabited by mostly photographers.
> > They should
> > > know better than that unless all they watch is hillbilly shows
> like
> > > COPS, Pro Wrestling, AND Fear Factor. Thats not the demographic
of

> > > this group I dont think makes any sense to say that. Vastly
> > improved
> > > picture quality enhances motion pictures just as much it
> does still
> > > pictures...Come on with this stuff! jco
> > >
> >     For a factor of 2-3x in price to replace a TV set, followed
> with
> >
> > (often significantly) higher costs for high-def feeds?  Most
people
> > know
> > don't spend 5 hours a day watching TV.  I personally watch about 3
> > hours, but it's on my homebrew Tivo (MythTV, actually), so I can
> > watch 3 hours
> > of
> > network television (documentaries, mostly) in about 1.5 hours.  No

> > commercials and sped up a few percent.
> >
> >     You stated a few facts.  High-def is better, technically, yes.
>
> > HD sets have gotten cheaper, yes.  Imposing your OPINION that
> > everybody who hasn't bought a new set and upgraded their service is
> > stupid
is,