On 12/21/06 11:45 AM, "Adam Maas", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, you're missing something in your comparison. The mirror. SLR
> wide angle lens designs are very different from RF designs.

Yes, but hearing stepping of EVF coming close.  I understand that next tide
is the elimination of mirror box from DSLR, and people are expecting it
happening sooner than we anticipate.  EVF resolution and refresh rate are
being significantly improved and it won't be long before somebody comes up
with and incorporate acceptable EVF.  It will probably be done by those who
do not have any particular sentiment to optical viewfinder but have ability
to develop good EVF.  Sony or Panasonic?
If mirror box could be eliminated from DSLR, all sorts of innovations become
possible.

Ken