Pentax showed one of these as a concept at the last Photokina

http://www.photokina-show.com/pentax/

I still don't think I'd want to use one even with significant
improvements.  (Hell I still manually focus 99% of the time even with
auto focus lenses).

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.
                        --Albert Einstein