Pål Jensen wrote:

> Theres no reason to assume they want to be a camera manufacturer. In the
> press release it is all about medical and optics; not electronics in digital
> cameras. This is a way to strenghten Pentax medical and optics division and
> make them less dependent on the imaging division. The imaging division will
> almost ceratinly be sold off to some electronics company pretty soon. Pentax
> don't need it anymore and Hoya never did in the first place. This is a sad
> day indeed...
>
> Pål

Hi Pål -

That's more gloomy than I expected, but you may be right. Given the
ratio of investment to sales revenue for Digital SLR's, it may be that
Hoya just wants to get into the more lucrative aspects of Pentax's
business. Who wants to compete with Canon in the SLR market anyhow?

the K10D may just be the swan-song of Pentax management - one last flash
before they are gone.

- MCC

--
Mark Cassino Photography