----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Liberman" Subject: Re: PESO - Hertzlia Marina vs K10D

> > Yes of course. But I am using my FA lenses and both having fun and
> getting rather good (at least for me) results. Why would I want to "fix"
> it in any way?

Not fix, so much as limit oneself to longer focal length lenses.
I needed/wanted lenses wider than the 16-18mm range, and so had to consider
the DA lenses.
The change in format while retaining the same lens mount caused me to have
to rethink my strategy for wide angle lenses.
For normal and telephoto, I'm not buying into DA format lenses (yet....).
I bought an A15/3.5 just before the 14/2.8 hit the streets, and successfully
resisted the 14 until I printed a full res file from the 14 that Godders
sent me. That was enough to make me look seriously at the 14. The 10-17 was
the only option for going wider still, though the fisheye takes some getting
used to, the 21 is much nicer than the A20/2.8 (and has autofocus).

William Robb