On 03/01/07, Margus Männik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> interconnects... they are talkin' about differences in POWER cables of
> home audio equipment :)
> I'm quite a big fan of hi-fi audio equipment (mostly car audio last
> years) myself, but I've never understood the language they talk...

Yes, I had a friend who has some fairly esoteric gear (big Gryphon
class A amp into large electrostatic panels I forgot the brand) and he
not only had "special" power cables but also dedicated high current
mains wiring to the power distribution box. Plus a low noise ducted
air conditioning system fitted to deal with the constant 2400W of heat
that the amp dissipated. It sounded OK but was all just a little
over-the-top for me ;-)

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA