This is exactly what I was saying in the whole "film vs. Digital" thread.
There is a subjective quality to film that cannot be reproduced digitally.

Shel, you put into words what I try to so hard to explain to my
non-photographer friends who pick up their digital P&S cameras and think
they are all the rage.  They see my black LX and think it is some kind of
beast from the dark ages.  They will never understand....

Christian