That would entirely depend on the status of the soul. The Greek Hades,
as opposed to the Elysian Fields where those of some merit were sent
after death would make a return to earthly life seem like a vacation in
Hawaii.

Tom C wrote:
> I agree that on is no longer rewarded or punished at the time of death
> for their lives. The word rendered spirit (pneuma) often refers to
> breath, as opposed to a soul that is distinct and apart from the body.
> It's interesting that 1) in Genesis 2:7 that God "formed man of the
> dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
> and man BECAME a living soul." He did not acquire a soul, one was not
> put inside him, he became one. And 2) the punishment for Adam was to
> 'return to the dust of the earth', no mention given as to an afterlife
> anywhere.
>
> Psalm 146:4 states: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
> in that day his thoughts do perish."
>
> In addition the concept of an immortal soul with a conciousness that
> survives the body and goes on to exist somewhere renders moot the
> concept of a resurrection back to life. If a person is still alive,
> after dying, no resurrection is required.
>
> Tom C.
>

>> From: "Russell Kerstetter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
>> Subject: Re: OT: Occupations?
>> Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:05:59 -0700
>>
>> On 1/3/07, Tom C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > The concept of Purgatory clearly contradicts Ecclesiastes 9:5, "For
>> the
>> > living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are
>> > conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages,
>> because the
>> > remembrance of them has been forgotten."
>>
>> but do not forget Ecclesiastes 12:6,7
>>
>> 6 Remember [your Creator]—before the silver cord is severed,
>> or the golden bowl is broken;
>> before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
>> or the wheel broken at the well,
>>
>> 7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
>> and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
>>
>> I do not think that Ecc 9:5 means that there is nothing after death,
>> rather that after you die, you no longer are rewarded for what you did
>> in life.
>>
>> Russ
>>
>> --
>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>> PDML@pdml.net

> PM

The more I know of men, the more I like my dog.
                        -- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael