"Matamoros, Cesar A." wrote:
> (a lot of stuff annsan snipping so Mike Johnson won't have a cow...)

> [Cesar writes >]  I am so glad she did not decide to bury me :-)

ann replies:
  I'll consider whether that will be necessary after seeing
any pic he
took of me.

> [Cesar writes >]  To be honest, I was so busy enjoying our walking that it
> took me a minute to notice that I was in a K-mart.  Talk about surprised!
> Especially on the East Side.  Also when Ann was taking a few shots of me and
> then we were talking in front of one of these mnagnificent windows (and the
> view is beautiful) I noticed the people looking me up and down trying to
> figure out why my photo was taken.  Loved it!

annsan replies -
  yeah, but I didn't like any of the shots I took there -
the one of you
  was on the street before we reached Canal

> [Cesar writes >] As isolated as I am in Florida it was a treat to try ethnic
> foods again.  And Ann the bubble drink was fantastic.

annsan
  for the deprived multitudes, bubble drinks are confections
sold in a Hong Kong
style Tea parlor - my favorite is one madew with green tea
and taro and non-dairy creamer that has pearl tapioca in
it.  The place is near my house which is near
NYU and the Asian students flock there in droves.  I
frequent the place so
that everyone working there knows me.

Cesar said
> Ann was a wonderful friend to have with me that afternoon.  I knew from here
> and her site that she is into b&w and I was really interested in how we
> would view our surroundings.  I had b&w in the LX and color slide in the
> MZ-S.

Ann again...
Thanks for the kind words - now those who have offered me
shelter on my
journey will be less apprehensive :)
I shot only color, alas.  should mention that the ones taken
that day were
all KOdak gold 100. The ones (for those of you who have
ventured to the page
) that I took form my roof were all the pro fuji 800 the
name of which escapes me.

annsan
http://users.rcn.com/annsan//