Ford are very aware of the problems with large doors and
tight parking spaces.   A few months ago I went along to
the first public showing of two new variants of the Ford
GT - an open-top version, and one with doors that opened
just like the ones on the Mustang you show.  The benefit
quoted for those doors was easy operation in tight spots.