On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 09:39:39AM +1100, Digital Image Studio wrote:

> Excellent John, thanks for sharing that. Now if I begged would you
> consider a rewrite of your little app "halfsize" so that it could be
> used to work with the K10D PEF/DNG files? It's become so much a part
> of my RAW work-flow and makes pre-edits so much easier.

Was that my original halfsize, or Alex Wetmore's improvements?
(and what happened to Alex, anyway?)

A version to work with K10D DNG files shouldn't be too difficult,
but in order to work with the PEFs I'd have to reverse engineer
the compression schem they are using for the raw sensor data.

A much easier utility would be one that started with the full-
resolution low-quality JPEG in the MakerNote.  I believe there's
still one of those somewhere in the DNGPrivateData structure in
a K10D-produced DNG file (it's certainly big enough).