Sorry, I must disagree.  An armed victim is more likely to defend
herself than a disarmed victim.  To paraphrase a member of the English
House of Lords in the losing battle against the handgun ban in GB.
'Firearms are used to defend the weak against the strong.  To restrict
their use by citizens is to deny them the right to self defense.
Governments may have the power to do that, but should not have the
right.'  Apparently the British Government no longer believes in the
Citizens right of self defense.  Do you?

William Robb wrote:
> [...]

The more I know of men, the more I like my dog.
                        -- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael