On 1/10/07, Tom C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Guns kill just like nuclear weapons kill.  In fact guns have killed more
> people than nuclear weapons... so far.
>
> In retrospect, *probably* both inventions were a bad idea.  They have both
> led to untold injury, death, and suffering.  Their purpose is largely, to
> kill, unlike other inventions which may endanger life.
>
> Am I anti-gun?  No.  Just making a point.  Sure this is simplistic, but the
> truth often is.

As pro-gun-control as I am, if I lived on a farm in the middle of
nowhere, a place so isolated that it would take the police hours to
get there (such places surely exist in Canada, and in the US as well),
I'd certainly have a firearm in the house.  Not just to protect from
intruders, but from animals as well.  I might never have to use it,
but it would be nice to have.

cheers,
frank