Most shootings are suicides, followed in no particular order since I
don't know the breakdown, by domestic, armed robbery, drug related, or
gang related and accidental discharge, (which covers a multiple of
sins).  I suppose any of them might involve fear, but I don't think it's
a valid statement the people shoot each other out of fear, though I
suppose that if someone was breaking into my house and I shot them that
would be a valid statement that I shot them out of fear, however I
believe that shooting would be wholly justified.  Though if someone
wants to kill them selves how could anyone who believes in a right to
die deny them the most efficient tool for the job.