Paul Sorenson wrote:
> They'll usually tell you that up to 400 or 800 ISO is OK to run through
> the carry-on scanner, so I usually throw a roll of 1600 in the bag, tell
> the screener and ask (plead) to have it hand checked.

Right after 9/11 I left BWI (the country's lowest rated major airport
for everything at the time) and asked for my Velvia to be hand checked.
  They had no issue at all.  Didn't even question it.  I had it out of
the containers and in a ziplock bag, so it was easy for me to pull it
out of the camera bag quickly and request the hand check for my
"Professional" film.  Really it was a pleasant experience.

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net