Doug Franklin wrote:

> Hi Frits,
>
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:47:22 +0100, Frits J. W*thrich wrote:
>
> > Anybody know how well a Pentax A 400mm f5.6 is? What would be a reasonable
> > price for it?
>
> I don't know how much better it is than the SMC version, since I've
> never tried one.

They're considerably more desirable than the SMC version in that they
have auto aperture and a far shorter minimum focus distance. I have the
SMC version, and it's a very nice lens, but I cover the "A." A very nice
one went for $400 on ebay a few weeks ago, but I'm having to watch my
pennies at the moment.
Paul