Here in Philly, until the mid-70's, there were
separate collection days for garbage and trash.  The
garbage was collected under contract by pig farmers;
the trash was collected by city sanitation trucks.

Now they're all collected together by the city, and
the elimination of garbage from pig diets has made
trichinosis disappear.

Rick