The way I set mine up is:

   P: EV comp front, P-shift rear
   Tv: EV comp front, Shutter rear
   Av: EV comp front, Aperture rear

Since these are my most used auto exposure modes, I want them all to
operate the same way. The idea is direct access to EV comp on the
front, the priority control on the rear. I have not yet gotten
comfortable with hyper program.

   Sv: P-shift front, ISO rear
   TAv: Shutter front, aperture rear

EV comp in both of these is button plus front wheel.

In all cases I now can use OK button plus front wheel for ISO
changes. in Av, Tv and P modes, I'm finding I use Auto ISO set to the
range 100-400 most of the time ... Ok button plus Green button will
restore the Auto ISO setting if you have used OK plus front wheel to
shift it.

I'll tweak these settings as I see what confuses my fingers, but
overall I'm finding it good.