"Eduardo Carone Costa Jr." wrote:

> Those points you mentioned are exactly the ones I wish were more detailed.
> Unfortunately, I don't scan or print myself. Here in Brazil it's still less
> expensive to have my rolls developed and printed, even enlarged, at a
> minilab. Since Delta 3200 is not a C-41 B&W film, I intend to have it
> manually developed at a custom lab. I believe there won't be any problems,
> if I tell them what ISO speed I set at the time of exposure.

Now, if you're metering at 1600 under tungsten light, don't ask them to
process the film at 1600, or you'll run into the same kind of problems.
Meter at 1600, but have them process the film at 3200.

Just in case the detail has been lost at the printing stage, you may
want to have a peek at your negatives to make sure there's no more
detail in those black areas.  If it's clearly visible, it's printable
(though you may end up sacrificing other areas of the image for
increased black detail).

Someone else will have to let you know about the meters in the K1000,
since I haven't owned one...my ME Super and LX have had no problems in
that kind of low lighting, though.

-Aaron