From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
K.Takeshita
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 9:00 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Camera based SR vs. lens based IS?

On 1/28/07 8:41 AM, "Cory Papenfuss", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I think Canon is going to have to eat their hat WRT in-body SR.

"Rumour" says that's exactly what Canon is contemplating.  Who knows?
But it indicates that both methods are toss-up.  Canon can no longer
charge high price for IS lenses for sure.

> They may be able to fake it by making a cheapie kit lens with IS, but
> I think the market will desire in-body SR.

Again, "rumour" says that this is the approach Nikon is contemplating,
i.e., trickling down their VR onto even cheaper lenses.

Ken