In a message dated 1/29/2007 12:40:18 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Congratulations first Marnie  on your sale!
Second, what sizes did you choose for your photos and did you  use frames?
I notice that nobody talks about money when they sell a photo so  I will not
ask ;-)

I have sold a my very first photo sized 30x45cm in  a wooden frame last year
at a clay figure exhibition where it served as  decoration :-)

greetings
Markus

===========
Yes, I framed  them. The End I printed at 13.5 X 18, using Epson Super B
Velvet Fine Art Paper.  Some of the others I had in 11X14 frames, and some I
printed as 5X7s. All sizes  really, but I tend to print odd sizes because I
print
full frame and most frames  don't really come premade for full frame. And I
didn't want to pay for custom  frames. So I had a heck of time figuring out
frame
sizes, but I went to a local  place where the female clerk helped me figure
it out so most had about 2" mat  borders on each sides. I paid for mat cutting.
In the future I hope to learn to  do my own mats. Things really do look a lot
better if framed and matted right.  My at home stuff before this was more
crude.

Congratulations, Markus.  Fun, isn't it? :-)

Nyah, I won't mention prices, but I priced low. Enough  to cover my cost
matting and framing and a bit over. I was much lower than most  of the other
photographers. But only three of us sold. The medium format  landscape guy,
because
he was so darn good. And a woman that only sold small  ones, either 6X4s or
5X7s, not sure which. But framed individually. Remember  there was jewelry,
pottery, and paintings as well. The pottery and the jewelry  did best.
Photographically, it was a pretty unsophisticated crowd. Although I  did get a
kick out
of it that I invited my next door neighbors, a couple who has  admired some of
my photos, to see my photographs and he bought one from the  medium format
guy.

Marnie aka Doe :-)