J. C. O,

> hi, thanks, I have V2.4 already so I guess I am good on that.
> Im still not clear on Pentax photolab and browser though. Are
> you saying I will want or need to get these latest versions
> or are they all just junk not worth the effort?

as many others I found ACR to be superior over any other RAW converter
I've tried so far. However I have Pentax utilities stored on a SD card
right inside my ist-Ds "just in case" as they occupy roughly the space
of 2 RAW images (PC version) and the conversions are usually very good
(version 3 based on SilkyPix) and certainly better than in-camera JPEGs.
Actually the only major thing ACR seems to do consistently better is
taming moire/aliasing artefacts.

Cheers,

Peter