On 2/7/07, Boris Liberman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bruce, I went to the next and checked the prices. Except Capture One
> Pro (which is really expensive at EUR 500) I will need two or three
> tools from your list. I mean, at least an editor and a RAW converter,
> provided I could use FastStone image viewer for the rest. This yields
> prices starting at around $200... Not much to gain compared to LR
> prices. Though of course, I've no clue how to Adobe will manage
> pricing of LR updates.
>
> More work to do for me, I am afraid ;-).
>
> On 2/7/07, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Pricing has never been Adobe's strong point.  I have chosen to use
> > other tools partly because of that.  Picture Window Pro for editing
> > and either Capture One or Silkypix or Bibble for Raw development,
> > along with BreezeBrowser for file management have served me pretty
> > well so far.
> >
> > Sorry that you are having trouble.
> >
> > --
> > Bruce
> >

> > Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 11:46:43 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > BL> Hello there.
> >
> > BL> Apparently I cannot pay to Adobe either with my international credit
> > BL> card or PayPal. Further, I must have a legal postal address so that if
> > BL> any of you agrees to buy the sucker for me, it still will be
> > unsupported.
> >
> > BL> So I turned to Adobe representative in Israel. LR costs $285 regardless
> > BL> of whatever introductory price Adobe has in USA. Bummer. I asked about
> > BL> CS2. CS2 costs in Israel $1000+. Big bummer.
> >
> > BL> I am not entirely sure I will enjoy shelling out NIS 1,200 just
> > because...
> >
> > BL> *Deep sigh*

Hey, Boris.  You should take a look at Picasa.  It will handle pef
files from the *ist D, DS, DL, K100D and K110D.  No pef support for
K10D yet, but it does support DNG.  You can't beat the price.  It's
rather limited and not quite as flexible as PS or Picture Window, but
it's often good enough for quick edits and web display.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com