Beautiful exposure and composition. Love the  textures and technical
imperfections of its "rough" hand constructions.
I  lived near a place in northern CA. named Scott's Valley, which is
located  between San Jose and Santa Cruz, but noted that there are other
Scott Valleys  in the state. I don't think my Scott's Valley would get
but a rare dusting of  snow, however.

Jack

===========
Looked in the archives.

Thanks, Jack. :-)

That one I've heard about, although not sure  I've been there, it has a 's.
This one doesn't. It is near Yreka. There is a  river down through the middle
of the valley, that at one end is totally ruined  in appearance because of the
rock piles on either side -- from dredging for  gold. Although when I was up
there it looked better to me, and I asked some  cousins about it. A local
company has been hauling away the rock to sell... as  rock. So one of these
days it
may actually look a LOT better.

Lots of  Scotts seemed to come to CA for the gold rush. I suppose there is
some  cultural/ethnic joke in there somewhere.

Thanks for  looking.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)