> All of my comments made in this thread regarding
> APS and FF lenses (legacy?) were optical quality related
> to format (sensor) size,  not feature set
> issues. That is another unrelated matter altogether.
>
> Bullshit. It's part and parcel of what the lens can do.
>
> William Robb

        So, without consideration of operator error, what exactly does a
new lens' feature set do to improve the resultant picture quality?  The
improved contrast of having autofocus?  The increase of sharpness due to
not having an auto-aperture?  Bullshit.

        If you're too damn lazy to use manual lenses, just say it.  It has
nothing to do with picture quality, except in the context of operator
error/incompetence/laziness.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *