--
        So, without consideration of operator error, what exactly does a
new lens' feature set do to improve the resultant picture quality?  The
improved contrast of having autofocus?  The increase of sharpness due to
not having an auto-aperture?  Bullshit.

        If you're too damn lazy to use manual lenses, just say it.  It has
nothing to do with picture quality, except in the context of operator
error/incompetence/laziness.

-Cory

If you only consider one parameter when you are making an equipment purchase you
are a fool.
Glass quality is certainly the most important part of a lens buying decision,
but it isn't the only part.
In context, a couple of people on list have noted that the newer lenses do a
better job of rendering images onto the DSLR sensor.
Isn't that what's important?
When you start shooting large format cameras and hump 50 or more pounds of
equipment into the field, when you win a few awards with your pictures, and
when you start earning a living with your camera (all of which I have done),
you can start talking to me about operator error/incompetence/laziness.
Until then, you are just another person who doesn't know what they are talking
about pissing into the wind.

Regards
William Robb