>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>If you only consider one parameter when you are making an equipment
>purchase you
>are a fool.

Did anyone say that?

>Glass quality is certainly the most important part of a lens buying
>decision,
>but it isn't the only part.
>In context, a couple of people on list have noted that the newer lenses do
>better job of rendering images onto the DSLR sensor.
>Isn't that what's important?

It certainly could be.

>When you start shooting large format cameras and hump 50 or more pounds of
>equipment into the field, when you win a few awards with your pictures, and
>when you start earning a living with your camera (all of which I have
>done),
>you can start talking to me about operator error/incompetence/laziness.
>Until then, you are just another person who doesn't know what they are
>talking
>about pissing into the wind.
>
>Regards
>William Robb

Bill, I respectfully disagree with you here. Your achievements have nothing
to do with whether someone else knows what they're talking about.

My objective opinion is that this thread is degenerating into a war of harsh
words, when you both, in reality, believe exactly the same thing.

Tom C.