In TAv exposure mode, you set your f stop and shutter speed. You then
specify a range within which the camera can change ISO. You can
select the full range (100 to 1600) or a narrow range. The camera
then changes ISO sensitivity as the light varies. Your stop and
shutter speed remain constant. I find it wonderful when moving from
sun to shade or when the sun is moving in and out of the clouds. It's
also great indoors when moving from areas near windows to areas
farther away, from brightly lit rooms to dimmer rooms, etc. The uses
are many, and it works flawlessly in my experience.
Paul