On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 04:17:32PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> From: mike wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >

> > As an American, I'm not sure you have any say whatsoever regarding taste
> > and
> > automobile design.
> >

> But we still make them. You Brits apparently can't.
> Paul

I don't know - they still seem to do a pretty good job of designing
and building cars people actually *want* to buy, even if it needs
foreign money to do it.   At times it seems as though the major US
contribution is avoiding shipping costs by building foreign models
in US plants.

Admittedly there's always the Corvette - even the current monster
is a darn good car (albeit *enormous*; when I got behind the wheel
of one when car-shopping a year ago I couldn't believe how wide
the thing was).  But for a far smaller market the Brits can offer
the MINI, several Loti, Aston Martin, and even Bentley/Rolls Royce.