On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 02:20:49PM -0500, Adam Maas wrote:

> The Mini is a BMW  . . .

Wrong.   As I said, it's backed by foreign money, but
the Mini is a British design, British built.

[Although I will admit that the number plate surround
 on our MINI does read "My other car is a real BMW"]

> . . .  the Aston Martin DB9 is a Jag . . .

Still British.   American money this time, though.

> . . . the Jag X-series is a rebadged Mondeo.

I never mentioned Jags.  But the XJ-F is nice.

> Bentley/Rolls are a class unto themselves.

Though still done with foreign money (and engines).