William Robb wrote:

>> More than enough reason to steer clear of SP2 even if you have a fully
>> registered and paid for system.  All it takes is being out of business
>> for one day to remind you why you should hate Microsoft.
>
> I just replaced my system's OS hard drive.
> I installed XP onto the new one, everything was cool, until I went to
> install Office XP.
> I wasn't allowed to install it because it was registered on another (my old)
> system.
> A quick call to Microsoft's help line was all it took to straighten things
> out.
> I wasn't unhappy with the service.

Same thing happened to me.  For once I bought real fully licensed
versions of XP and Office 2003 and installed them on my existing PC.  A
few days later I decided to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, RAM and hard
drive.  XP wouldn't update to SP2 and office wouldn't register.  An easy
call to MS (yes, easy and quick) resolved the issue.  I almost fell on
the floor because I expected a long wait and a hassle.

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net