The difference among f/stops on modern lenses with excellent coatings is (supposedly)
exceptionally small. Some zoom lenses may show differences when used with slides and
compared side to side with primes by someone with an exceptionally critical eye, I
suppose. I'll bet that even this us usually too small to be of any concern.

Your Dad's old Speed Graphic may not have been multi coated, but it was coated and
probably has only 4 elements. The difference is marginal, and it doesn't matter. It
mattered even less in the day of the old Speed Graphic. The film of the day was B&W
print,
wide latitude and often the printing sucked by today's standards anyway...

Thank you for failing to properly attribute quotes. - and this from a group that is
probably zealous about copyrights and proper tribulation of their photo work!

Sheesh!

Regards,
Bob...
-------------------------------
"In the carboniferous epoch
we were promised perpetual peace.
They swore if we gave up our weapons
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed they sold us,
and delivered us, bound, to our foe.
And the gods of the copybook headings said,
'Stick to the devil you know.' "
--Rudyard Kipling

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> OK folks, I hear what you are saying.
>
> Now, tell me how interchangeable lenses are used along with those fancy hand held
>light
meters.  When you take out your Pentax Spot Meter, do you adjust it every time you put
different lens on the camera?  Oh, the T-value for that lens is 1/2 stop better than
this
one?
> (I'm serious here, not pulling your leg!)
>
> If I take out my Dad's old 2x3 Speed Graphic and the GE meter hand held lightmeter,
>it
says shoot at this f stop/speed.  It doesn't say much about T-values for the lens.  Is
the
difference that marginal that it doesn't matter?