Using the same lens will give you more accuracy as lenses vary one to
another.

Of course, you're testing just one sample of K10D against one sample
of *ist D bodies, but I thought that's what you were after.

You can make the exact same test regardless of time, if you work with
controlled lighting as opposed to outdoor lighting.