I'm with Godders on this one. What's more, the ideal color
temperature varies depending on the situation, IMO. For example, when
I shot wedding reception pics in a somewhat dark restaurant with
tungsten lighting, I chose to keep the look warm. When I shot ice-
storm pics, I went for a cold, slightly bluish cast. The tonality is
part and parcel to the subject meter. Setting it by eye is usually
the best alternative.
Paul