I guess my issue with this line of thinking is that I set up and compose
through the viewfinder and manipulate the scene before I press the cable
release.  What purpose does the digi-cam server?  when I shoot scenics I
hand-hold my 35mm gear which gives me the freedom to quickly find the right
composition.  Then I set up the tripod, frame, and shoot.

John Shaw says the he often uses a view camera to shoot landscapes because
it forces him to slow down and carefully compose before tripping the
shutter.  I try to use this same philosophy with 35mm.  That way when I get
my slides back I already know what I'm going to get.  There should be no
surprises (unless you are shooting fast action with a motordrive in which
case a digi-cam preview is worthless anyway).

Christian Skofteland.