John Francis wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 06:58:27PM +0000, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Adam Maas wrote:
>>
>>> Pentax DSLR's with M42 lenses (which
>>> offer metering only via the green button hack or DoF preview
>> Is that true with M42s? I thought that it meters fully in Av mode
>> without any user intervention.
>
> It does.  Adam is wrong.
>
> As has frequently been pointed out here, if you want to use old
> lenses with the digital bodies you might be better off with screw-
> mount lenses; you lose full-aperture framing for composition, but
> you gain full-time metering.

My K100D certainly didn't meter usably with M42 lenses in Av mode. At
least 2 stops off at all times, and underexposure at that. It worked
fine with K mount lenses modified to be preset. Issue was the A contacts
based on my testing, if they were shorted, the metering worked with
preset lenses.

My *istD worked just fine with M42 lenses in Av mode though. I was
rather disappointed that the K100D didn't.

-Adam