I did, until I found out the hard way that it wasn't true for the newer
bodies (Not sure about the K10D, but the K110D and K100D don't do Av
properly with preset lenses that don't short the A contacts).

I shoud have been more specific. The older bodies (at least the *istD)
do Av with M42 or preset lenses fine, not sure about the DS or DL, the
low-end K bodies don't.

-Adam