From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Adam Maas
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 4:02 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Pentax K 28mm f2.0 Lens

The Metering Stop Down Button and the Auto-Aperture mechanism are one
and the same. You can't have one without the other, otherwise your
metering wouldn't work. The only M42 SLRs that lacked the metering
stop-down button replaced it with a dual-mode shutter release (and got
the worst shutter release feel in history, that would be the Chinon CM-3

and IIRC the CE-3 as well).

I don't really give a shit about mythical M42 DSLR's. They don't exist
and likely never will. 5D's and M42 adaptors exist and work quite well.

-Adam