> > They have an idea what celebrity is and being in the limelight before
>they
> > get really famous. Why assume they are suffering from a LACK of
> > self-esteem?
> >  I do feel a degree of pity for them, but I feel they're largely
> > responsible.  Every step of the way they had multiple choices to pick
> > from,
> > either on the way to fame or in in how they handle it after achieving
>it.
> >

>This is classic blaming the victim syndrome.
>
>William Robb

Respectfully, I disagree.  Nobody twisted anybody's arms when it came to
getting big fat paychecks and contracts. In Anna Nicole's case, nobody
twisted her arm to take off her clothes, or marry an elderly millionaire. At
this point I don't know if you're largely referring to the astronaut or
Anna.

However, if you or I were to go totally off the deep end, we would be held
accountable and be viewed as responsible for our actions.  Why does that not
hold true for every other person?

Another example.

A person that gets addicted to illegal drugs is at least aware of the
dangers to some degree, and is aware that is viewed in a negative light by
society at large.  They go ahead and make the choice to use the substance
and there life eventually goes to hell because of their choices.  Yes it's a
sad state of affairs and they should be helped, but it was by and large
their choices that got them where they're at and no one else.

An innocent victim is somebody that's crossing the street with the signal
and gets hit by the bus that runs the red light.  People can also be
victims, but sometimes they are victims of their own behavior.

Tom C.