On 2/16/07, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need to order a bulk loader for 35mm long roll film.  The two that
> seem to be widely available are the Lloyd and the Watson.  Anyone ever
> use these?  Any recommendations?

I can take a look and see what the local photo club uses. I don't
remember. I do know that it is fairly easy to use, and you can spool a
roll of film in daylight with the unit closed.

> Also shopping for an enlarger that will handle 4x5 film.  My current

I'd look around for a Beseler 45 chassis. Built like tanks, VERY
versatile, and a motorized track for raising and lowering the head. If
you ever want to make a REALLY big print, you can swing the head to a
horizontal position as well, and point it at a wall. Negative holders
are available in any size up to 4x5, and I've seen/used a strip holder
for 35mm that worked quite well.

There are various heads available. The condenser heads seem to be
relatively cheap. And if you're REALLY lucky, you might get a good
deal on a dichro head.

-Mat