From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Savage
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:01 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: RE: 85mm f1.8 SMCT on ebay : $400+

At 10:41 AM 21/02/2007, J. C. O'Connell wrote:
>I guess you just dont understand,this would NOT
>be for a beginner or someone who wants to buy
>lenses off the shelf, this is for someone who
>already has or wants to use M42 manual focus
>lenses IN PARTICULAR.

No, I understood. That's why I said "Any M42 mount DSLR would only
appeal
to those who already own a lot of M42 lenses"

>  It wouldnt be for those
>other cases at all. I think you are trying
>generalize to much, no camera does it all
>or is for everyone, and a M42 DSLR would just
>be another specific camera designed to do
>a specific thing.

The thing is the market for one would be so small a niche, the cost of
one
will be very high.

And high cost, low volume is rare in (electronics) manufacturing in this

day and age.

Cheers,

Dave