> It's a shame that the MZ-S wasn't designed with interchangeable backs so
it
> could be used either as a digital or film camera - then it truly would be
> able to "exist in a digital dominated future".

I don't know why people keep resurrecting this tired old concept.
It just wouldn't be practical. The marketplace isn't exactly overrun
with 35mm bodies with removable backs, for a very good reason.
And by the time you get around to modifying all the parts that
would be different for a digital body (no need for film transport,
obviously.  Nor a focal-plane shutter, come to that), and take
advantage of the extra capabilities digital can provide, it's
simpler, and cheaper, to make two completely different bodies.

Let's face it - the MZ-S and the MZ-D (or whatever it gets called)
*are* interchangeable film and digital backs for use with the family
of Pentax K-mount lenses.

--
John Francis  .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .  (650) 429-4427
MyWay.com       444 Castro St.  Suite 101,    Mt. View,   CA  94041

Hello.  My name is Darth Vader.  I am your Father.  Prepare to die.